Cancer is all around us. I bet you have been touched by it, either directly or indirectly. Traditional treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) destroy cancer. Unfortunately, they also damage your healthy cells and wreak havoc on your immune system. There are many claims of natural treatment options which are effective and have fewer side-effects than conventional treatments. But is it too good to be true?
Let’s end the cancer pandemic once and for all! Every single day, tens of thousands of people, just like you, are curing cancer (and/or preventing it) from destroying their bodies.
It’s time to take matters into our own hands and educate ourselves on real prevention and treatments. It could save your life or someone you love. Doctors, researchers, experts and survivors show you exactly “how-to” prevent and treat cancer in
“The Truth About Cancer: A Global Quest.”
I manage my son’s ADD-like symptoms with diet, and believe that we can look to nature for the answers to most disease. I have been interested in learning more about natural cancer treatment options for quite some time now. So when I came across this 9 part series, I knew that I could not miss it.
Cancer patients are rarely told that there are natural treatment options available or that diet and natural remedies can make them feel more comfortable during treatment. I feel strongly about sharing information with you so that you can make informed choices. I have summarised what I learned from “The Truth About Cancer: A Global Quest.” Please bear with me. Each episode lasted more than an hour, so there is a lot of information to cover. The title of each episode should help you to navigate to the topics that you are most interested in if you do not wish to read the entire article.
Episode 1: The true history of chemotherapy & the pharmaceutical monopoly
- You may have heard the story of how chemotherapy was developed from mustard gas. It was discovered that the gas was capable of destroying rapidly dividing cells (such as white blood cells). This sparked research to see if it could destroy cancer cells, and chemotherapy was born. Knowing how chemotherapy works, it is easy to understand the side-effects which include vomiting, diarrhea and hair loss. The gut lining is replaced every few days and hair is constantly growing. Chemotherapy attacks rapidly dividing cells and is unable to distinguish between healthy cells and cancer cells.
- Whilst there was a little bit of “Big Pharma” and “conspiracy theory” talk introduced during the first episode and eluded to in some of the other episodes, it is not my interest to address this. The fact remains, though, that doctors prescribe pharmaceuticals and few of them will offer any dietary advice or natural treatment options. Given that the average consult with a doctor lasts just 12 minutes, there simply is not enough time and they are no longer trained in such things.
- If you want to look to nature to support your healing, you will most likely have to uncover the information for yourself. I hope that this summary provides you with an overview of some of the options.
Episode 2: Cancer facts and fictions, breast cancer, hormones, skin cancer & essential oils
- Your immune system is your own personal army of soldiers that protect you from harm. It can distinguish between your own healthy cells and foreign invaders. Unfortunately, cancer can trick your immune system and fly under the radar. This is the mechanism for how cancer is able to grow and spread.
- Radiation therapy and chemotherapy treatments can in fact cause cancer and weaken your immune system, the very system that is there to protect you.
- Mammograms (breast cancer detection method) could potentially cause breast cancer.
- Hormone replacement therapies and the contraceptive pill can increase your risk of cancer. Chemicals that have the ability to mimic our hormones, such as BPA mimicking estrogen, can also increase your risk of cancer.
- Slip slop slap… protect yourself from the sun. This message is still important, but did you know that moderate sun exposure can actually help to prevent cancer? Take a look at this article about some of the benefits of a healthy dose of sun.
- Essential oils are natural extracts from plants. They are known to have many health benefits to humans. Frankincense oil is the most widely used essential oil of cancer patients. Interestingly, essential oils also have a frequency that supports healing.
Episode 3: Cancer-killing viruses, cancer stem cells, GMO’s, juicing & eating the rainbow
- The hope4cancer Institute in Mexico uses live viruses to treat cancer. “Rigvir is the only known genetically unmodified virus in the world that infects and kills cancer cells, while leaving healthy cells untouched.” Researchers at Viralytics Limited (in NSW) are currently investigating the concept of oncolytic immunotherapies. Perhaps, virotherapy may be an option for Australian cancer patients in the future.
- The cancer stem cell theory – read more about it here. It is thought that conventional treatments do not kill the stem cells and thus the cancer can return.
- Genetically modified foods are often created to resist herbicide treatments, such as Glyphosate, which has been identified as a probable carcinogen by the World Health Organisation. Also, there are concerns that glyphosate exposure, from consuming GM foods, could cause disruptions to the gut microbiota (see my post on gut health here).
- Eat the rainbow. If you eat a variety of different fruits and vegetables, you are more likely to consume all of the micronutrients that your body needs to support a healthy immune system. Juicing is an easy way to increase your fruit and vegetable consumption and many of the cancer survivors that shared their story identified juicing as a part of their anti-cancer regime.
Episode 4: Excitotoxins that fuel cancer, nature’s pharmacy & healing cancer with sound and light
- It is no secret that sugar feeds cancer cells, in fact our healthy cells are fuelled by glucose too. Interestingly, it was noted that the sugar ‘spike’ from refined carbohydrates is what we need to be mindful of.
- Glutamate was also said to be an excitotoxin that fuels cancer. Dr Russell Blaylock claims that consuming glutamate (especially monosodium glutamate, MSG) can increase your risk of cancer and can even make existing cancers more aggressive.
- Nature’s pharmacy – “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Hippocrates had it right all along. There are so many powerful medicinal properties in our food. In fact, this segment inspired me so much, it was the topic I chose for an assignment that I recently wrote for University. Not only do foods such as turmeric, red grapes and green tea have anti-cancer properties, they also target the cancer stem cells, which are thought to be resistant to conventional treatments.
- Hope4cancer (mentioned in Ep. 3) also uses sonophotodynamic therapy to treat cancer. Similar treatments are available in Australia, like at the National Institute of Integrative Medicine.
Episode 5: Cancer causing blindspots, toxic vaccines, homeopathy & the power of emotions
- “Look well to the spine for the cause of disease.” – Hippocrates. You can boost your immune health with chiropractic care.
- Do you have any silver fillings in your teeth? Have you had a root canal? Learn more about the link between dental work and cancer here.
- Vaccines – a controversial topic. There have been claims that Gardasil (the vaccine given to young girls to protect them against cancer induced by the HPV virus) actually causes cancer.
- Homeopathy – “like cures like”. Treating a patient with a very dilute solution of a substance that induces the same symptoms as they are experiencing is believed to cure them.
- Have you considered a link between your emotions and cancer? This article describes how both physical and psychological stress have the potential to manifest as cancer. Cancer Council Australia have developed a guide to help people with cancer, and their families, cope emotionally after a cancer diagnosis.
Episode 6: The NOCEBO effect, healing vaccines, advanced detoxing & going inside a German cancer clinic
- You have no doubt heard of the Placebo effect, but what about the NOCEBO effect? Can your negative thoughts and an internal belief that you are going to die actually make it so?
- Recently, a vaccine has been designed to make cancer detectable to the immune system so that you have an improved chance of fighting it. WOW! You thought vaccines were a controversial topic before. Check it out here.
- “We are all living in a toxic world, the world is sick, the world has cancer now, the soil is sick, the air is contaminated, all we can do is keep our bodies clean and our self healing mechanism strong… No disease can exist in a clean body” Dr. Edward F. Group III, D.C., N.P. Did you know that there is an order that you should follow when you detox?
- Every year, thousands of patients travel from North American to Germany for medical care and alternative cancer treatment
Episode 7: Heal cancer with clean electricity, unique water, natural sunlight & combining superfoods
- Low-intensity electric fields can prevent the growth of cancer. Learn more by watching this 15 minute video.
- Dr Igor Smirnov claims that MRET water has an unusual configuration and high-energy activity of water molecules.
- I provided a link in the summary of Episode 2 that illustrates the importance of moderate sun exposure.
- As an extension of this, plants store the energy from the sun in chlorophyll, similar to hemoglobin in our blood. Not surprisingly, chlorophyll is very rich in nutrients and has a protective effect on our health. It is why we are always told to eat our greens. Read more about chlorophyll here, including how it can protect against cancer.
Episode 8: Cannabis, nature’s epigenetic switches, peptides & healing with micronutrient therapy
- You have most likely heard the claims that cannabis has the potential to cure cancer. It is another controversial topic. I believe there are specific circumstances permitting its medicinal use in Australia. Check out the Medical Cannabis Clinic website for more information.
- Genetic switches have to be turned ‘on’ for a cell to become cancerous. The good news is, the switches can also be turned ‘off’. Changes in diet may even be able to turn them off. Check out the Food for Thought section at the bottom of this article.
- Dr Rath explained how cancer metastasizes (travels in the body). “Dr Matthius Rath, uses the nutrient combination of vitamin C, the amino-acids L-lysine and L-proline, and Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG – a polyphenol extract from green tea) and has found these to be very effective in the treatment of a wide variety of human cancers, including those of the skin, liver, breast, prostate, colon, lung and brain.”
Episode 9:Cancer conquerors & their powerful stories of victory
Approximately 12 cancer conquerors shared their story in this two hour episode. I have chosen to give a brief recount of one story in particular, which illustrates the overall message that I would like you to take home from this review.
“Todd Jones, Father of Jenay who at 2 years old was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Child services threatened to take away both of their children if they did not continue on a 3 year treatment of chemotherapy.
Even if you chose conventional therapies, there are many natural treatments options available that you can try alongside it to improve quality of life and, potentially, survive the fight.
Do you have a success story that you would like to share?
Until next time,