Chicken nuggets are quite popular with the kids… but they often contain very little chicken and a whole bunch of questionable ‘ingredients’. Solution? Make your own 🙂
- 1kg chicken mince
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large zucchini
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Herbs/spices to flavour eg parsley, turmeric, garlic
- Bread/corn/rice crumbs
- Grate the carrot and zucchini, squeeze out excess liquid and discard.
- Add all ingredients, except crumbs, to a large bowl and mix thoroughly. It will be quite sticky!
- Sprinkle a generous layer of crumbs on a plate, ready to coat the nuggets.
- Shape small portions of the mixture into ‘nugget’ shapes, coat with crumbs and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper (you should fill 2 trays)
- Optional – spray with a little oil before baking.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 20 mins (depending on how thick you make them). Bake until golden, flip, and continue baking until the other side is golden also.
- If you do not want to waste the liquid from the carrot and zucchini, add it to your juice/smoothie or freeze in an ice cube tray for later use.
- This makes quite a large batch and you could halve it if you like. I like to freeze them and bring them out as needed.
Try different vegetables or herbs and spices and let me know if they are as popular at your house as they are at mine 🙂
Until next time,